Saturday, April 13, 2013

Bloggers CONNECT!

Over this weekend I've had the wonderful privilege to be around and meet just some of the 60+ awesome New Zealand bloggers at the Around the table  - Bloggers connecting conference. I never thought myself as much of a blogger but then I just looked back on my old blogs and saw my first post was 30 July 2007! I did have another blog prior to that in 2005 but I honestly can't find it... ;-)
That's 6 years of blogging folks and I didn't even realize. My first blog was a blog about my family, my journey with my 2 children & my life. That was then and now I have 3 children. I still blog but about my creative life and my love of making ceramics. The bits in between are another story for another day.

This weekend has been fab / child free / inspiring woman / filled with adult company. What more could you want.

On Friday night we kicked it off with a vist to the Craft Love Festival run by Hazel from Hazel Loves Design, then today (Saturday) a jam packed day filled with Q&A time, a techie workshop & a bunting workshop, socializing and then topping it off with dinner & drinks at Winnie Bagoes. I tell you, a room filled with over 60 woman has no quiet moments and never a shortage of conversation.
Tomorrow we start at 8.30am for Breakfast at one of my fav inner city cafes.. C1! and a trip up the roof garden is planned so I'm pretty happy about that.

As a fun part of our Bloggers weekend we all got a swap partner where we made a name badge for each other. The gorgeous Meghan from MNM's made my beautiful Birdie badge (which I love!) and I made her a ceramic badge with vintage tatting pressed into the background, covered in a green glaze with her name hand-stamped from antique letterpress type. It was fun to create, although a bit nerve-wracking... will she like it? Does she like green? Well she did. And she wore GREEN! 


 I've got heaps more to tell... later after I've slept.

x Gill

5 comments:

  1. awesome - so glad to see a photo of it - it's amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was great getting to know you over the weekend- please stay in touch!!!
    Love the nametag that you did for Meghan- so so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so good meeting you :) I actually won one of the spot prizes, "Lucky me" indeed! The name badge you made for Meghan is super cute :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVED this name badge - lucky Meghan!
    The Christchurch bloggers are an amazing bunch of woman - you are very blessed to be one of them and live amongst them xxx

    ReplyDelete