Thursday, August 8, 2013

Mudbird & Tiny Eyes, a winter collaboration.


 I'm proud to introduce my Mudbird doll, made by the incredibly talented, homeschooling Mum of 5  ... Dee from Tiny Eyes. A few months ago Dee asked myself and 6 other creative people to design a doll as part of her Winter 2013 Collaboration, to be auctioned off for sale!!  I showed pictures of my fabrics and ideas here ( if you need to refresh your memory) I was honoured to be asked, and I hope I have done her Doll designs justice.
Piece by piece Dee made each detail of the doll designs come to life and I just love them all.  The details on mine are fabulous, the mini puffed sleeves, the tiny little collar - so pretty dont you think? And the glasses.... so cute!



 I also made 3 mini Doll sized dishes for my doll, made with the same woodblock design I used to 'print' onto the denim for her skirt. These wee dishes can be used for tea parties... or Mum can use them in the kitchen or anywhere in the house! ( they made beautiful little ring dishes next to your bedside or sink.)
To get an idea of the size of the doll, my dishes are 2.5inches wide!
So... how do you get to buy this doll or any of the other designs? Dee is running an Auction over on her facebook page that starts TOMORROW at noon. Details below...

If you already follow Tiny Eyes on FB, you'll have seen the special event Dee has created. Once you join you can bid on the Mudbird doll, or any of the other beautiful dolls. The auction starts on Friday lunchtime ( 12pm, NZT), and finishes on Sunday at 12pm. I'm absolutely sure it will be a very exciting event, I've got my eye one particular doll... so watch out!




The dolls are also on display at the Walton Street Cafe in Te Awamutu TODAY, from 8-2pm. Dee has created a stunning exhibition, so if you live near by, please pop in for a visit.


I also want to say a HUGE Thank you to Dee ... you have done the most beautiful job and I'm in awe of your talents. I hope my doll does you proud and goes to a loving home.

xx Gill


1 comment:

  1. She is one amazing talent that lady and your doll is one of my fav's! Just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete